The University of Michigan is committed to protecting the safety and security of our community. Emergencies, disasters, accidents, injuries and crimes can occur without warning at any time. We continually review and update our preparedness measures to address evolving threats. Preparedness at Michigan involves collaboration between the leaders in each division and department throughout the University.
More information can be found here.
- Classroom Safety Web site
- Video: “Strike Back” against severe weather (4/25/13)
- Record Update: University officials remind campus about severe weather precautions (4/25/13)
- Record Update: University officials share weather-related safety information (4/19/12)
- University Record: Provost’s office launches emergency preparedness Web site (12/7/10)
- University Record: U-M adds emergency voice, text messaging (3/10/08)
- University Record: U-M gets top grade for safety (2/18/08)
- Message from President Mary Sue Coleman
- Message from Associate Vice President for U-M Facilities and Operations (4/17/07)